SPARK Institutes in San Diego July 14-15, 2016
SPARKabc’s (Activity Break Choices) is a complete solution for providing enjoyable and engaging physical activity opportunities in the classroom. Content includes Classroom ASAP’s (Active Soon As Possible) as well as physical activities that support learning standards in Literacy/Language Arts, STEM, Social Studies, Nutrition Education, and the Common Core State Standards Initiative. Click Here to view sample lesson plans.
Goal: To provide activities and strategies to help classroom teachers facilitate safe and effective physical activity in the classroom and during recess.
Audience: Elementary Classroom Teachers
Participants will learn:
- Organizational, management, and instructional techniques necessary to lead physical activity
- How to motivate children/adolescents to become active outside of school
- Techniques that encourage students to commit to a lifetime of health and physical activity
- A pathway towards instructional alignment and standards-based teaching
Make sure to bring your tablet or laptop to this Institute so you can access your SPARKabc’s instructional materials during the workshop. The SPARKabc’s instructional materials are provided in digital format only.
July 14-15, 2016
The Dana on Mission Bay
1710 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
- Two fun and fantastic days with SPARK’s top presenters
- Delicious breakfast, lunch, and refreshments each day
- Complete handout packet and supplementary materials
- Institute t-shirt and great raffle prizes
- Hosted evening social
- Eligible for one unit of credit from San Diego State University
- SPARK Certification Award (upon completion of program)
- Free lifetime follow-up support from SPARK
- Free SPARK monthly e-newsletter
- Free monthly webinar series
- Social media opportunities
- 10% off Sportime equipment* *Discount good for one equipment order placed with SPARK
Space is limited to the first 40 registrants!
$439/person (Early Registration)
$459/person (Regular Registration)
**Register early and save money!**
The Early Registration deadline has been extended to May 20, 2016. All registrations postmarked or faxed after May 20, 2016 will be charged full price ($459). Payment must be received with registration.
Registration closes June 14, 2016. Call after this date to see if spots are still available. Space is limited to the first 40 registrants.
Fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page to register. Once you click “Continue”, you will be given further instructions for submitting payment and completing your registration. Or for more information, please contact SPARK at 800-772-7573 or email@example.com.
The Dana Hotel
Group rate: $189.00
Deadline to receive group rate: June 14, 2016
Individuals must identify themselves as part of SPARK at the time of making reservations in order to be eligible for the special group rate. Please call (800)445-3339 or (619)222-6440 to make reservations. To book online, please click HERE
- Completing both Institute days earns the title “SPARK Certified Instructor”, which is different than a “SPARK Certified Trainer”. A Trainer is licensed to conduct SPARK workshops for colleagues in their school, district or community. If you ARE interested in becoming a SPARK Certified Trainer, contact SPARK for more information.
- To ensure the rights and privacy of our attendees, no photography or videotaping is allowed during SPARK Institute sessions.