SPARK Booster Workshops
A SPARK Booster is a full-day workshop created especially for teachers who have already participated in a SPARK Premium (12 hour) training program.
At a SPARK Booster, the specially selected SPARK Trainer gets everyone moving and having fun from the “get-go!” She/he reviews key points from previous SPARK sessions and provides new activities “hands-on.” These new lessons are provided in a handout packet (and/or via on-line access) and may be inserted into a teacher’s SPARK binder.
Depending on the design of the Booster, new teaching strategies and/or styles are modeled, and the use of videotape review and/or peer teaching and assessment is utilized to improve instructional methodology. All attendees leave with a renewed enthusiasm for teaching SPARK.
After the workshop, the SPARK Trainer stays an additional hour and leads a meeting of the site facilitators (“SPARK Stars”) and their principals/directors. This meeting focuses on what SPARK refers to as the three I’s: Infrastructure, Implementation, and Institutionalization, and is intended to foster environmental change.
A SPARK Booster Workshop includes:
- Planning/preparation — by SPARK staff and trainer
- Formative assessment — conducted to learn the needs of the attendees
- Full day (6-hour) training — led by a Certified SPARK Training professional
- Targeted handouts — for up to 40 attendees, shipping inc.
Follow Up Support:
- SPARK Star meeting
- Lifetime consultation for each attendee via 800 # and email
- SPARK e-Newsletter and monthly webinar series
- Social media opportunities