Sample Lesson Plans
Click Here to view the SPARK K-2 PE Curriculum “How To Use It” Guide with information on Units of Instruction, Introductory Pages, Lesson Plans, Skill Cards, Assessment Tools and Home Play Activities.
SPARK K-2 PE Instructional Units
The 12 instructional units in the K-2 PE Manual are listed below. Click on any of the links to view a sample lesson plan.
- Building a Foundation
- ASAP (Active Soon As Possible)
- Balance, Stunts, and Tumbling
- Catching and Throwing
- Kicking and Trapping
- Dribbling, Volleying, and Striking
- Recess Activities
Skill/Task Cards & Assessments on SPARKfamily.org:
Each SPARK curriculum set comes includes a 3-year membership to SPARKfamily.org. Here are samples of the content on that site.
- Catching & Throwing Performance Rubric Assessment
- Building a Foundation Fitness Station (English)
- Building a Foundation Fitness Station (Spanish)
- Balance, Stunts & Tumbling- Crab Walk (English)
- Balance, Stunts & Tumbling- Crab Walk (Spanish)
- Jumping Spot Station 1 (English)
- Jumping Spot Station 1 (Spanish)
- Kicking & Trapping Limited Equipment and Large Class Ideas
- Recess Activities Inclusive Strategies
- Home Play- Back to School (English)
- Home Play- Back to School (Spanish)