Unit of Credit – Graduate Level Professional Development Credit
Complete SPARK Premium Program training and you’ll be eligible to earn a graduate level professional development credit from San Diego State University!
New! You can now combine in-person training with online training in order to complete a Premium Program. After you complete a Standard (1 day) workshop, complete the final 10 modules on SPARKecademy.org in the same grade level program to complete Premium Program training. Make sure to document your Standard workshop in SPARKecademy using the course code in order to show that you have completed the full program.
First, complete your hours of training and then follow the steps below to apply for the credit from San Diego State University. Training hours should be completed within the semester dates.
San Diego State University – Summer 2017
Summer Dates: 5/24/2017 – 8/15/2017
Cost per unit: $80.00
SPARK Staff Development programs provide teachers with a practical, working knowledge of the SPARK PE/PA curriculum, as well as the skills and instructional techniques needed to successfully implement it. Curricular components are modeled, dissected, and discussed.
Teachers will learn:
- The theory behind innovative, health-related physical education (PE) and physical activity (PA) programs.
- Organizational and management techniques necessary to provide quality PE/PA instruction.
- How to develop and maintain student health and fitness through the use of SPARK content and methodology.
- How to improve students’ fundamental movement and sports skills through SPARK teaching progressions.
- Methods of PE/PA class scheduling, facilities management, and equipment acquisition.
- How to motivate children to be active away from school.
- Techniques that teach students how to develop and maintain wellness behaviors.
You will receive a LETTER grade for this course. To earn an “A”, you must complete these 3 steps:
1. Complete SPARK Premium Program training onsite (2 days) or online on SPARKecademy.org (16 courses) in a particular focus area (e.g., K-2 PE).
2. Implement SPARK with your students.
3. Complete (3) Lesson Quality Assessments. Click here to obtain a Lesson Quality Assessment.
To register for a SPARK course, go to: SPARK Spring 2017 Courses
Scroll down to the bottom to find the list of SPARK courses. When you click on the applicable course you’d like to register for it will show up in the white box on the right. Then click “Enroll Now.” Contact the registration office at 619-594-5152 if you run into any difficulties. Registration must be completed by August 14, 2017.
Course Schedule Number:
*A $25 late fee and/or deadline penalties will apply if you do not meet registration deadlines. Please contact the College of Extended Studies registration office (619) 594-5152 or email@example.com.
Information About Grades and Transcripts
Getting an SDSU official transcript is now easier and faster, using online ordering at the SDSU Web Portal. Information and a link are available at http://arweb.sdsu.edu/es/registrar/ordertranscripts.html. Grades for this course will be due by December 19th. Before ordering official transcripts, view your unofficial transcripts to make sure all of your grades have been posted.
You will need to know your SDSU Red ID to order transcripts. You were assigned a Red ID when you registered for your SDSU course. If you do not know your Red ID, go to www.sdsu.edu/redid to retrieve your Red ID number. If you have any questions about your Red ID, grades, or transcripts, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-594-5152.
If you have questions regarding registering, grades, or transcripts, or if we may be of assistance to you in any way, please contact the College of Extended Studies registration office (619) 594-5152 or email@example.com.