PE Technology Institute
2017 SPARK Institutes in San Diego
PE Technology Institute: Using Technology in K-12 Physical Education
Where are you on the PE tech scale? Are you a 1: You think a gigabyte is an appetizer in a sports bar? Or a 5: You’re a PE Geek who has been integrating a variety of apps in your physical education classes for years? Wherever you are in your personal technology quest, if you teach K-12 physical education, this 2-day Institute is for you!
June 22-23, 2017
The Dana on Mission Bay
1710 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
Attendees will learn field-tested integrations, instructional methodologies, assessment strategies, and how you can utilize technology to maximize student outcomes. You’ll leave ready to implement new tech tools and techniques with your students right away!
Our expert facilitators will share:
- The best PE and Health apps and programs — with hands-on practice to learn how to use them with your students
- Physical education activities that demonstrate how to incorporate technology into class segments and lessons
- Discuss the theory behind pedagogy and its integration with technology
- Innovative tools that can be used to reach every student by allowing for differentiating and scaffolding
- Targeted handouts that enable quick and effective applications with students and leave with a toolbox of technology resources
- Professional development resources that will expose you to a community of supportive educators
- Experience from the field and first-hand knowledge of innovation and technology
This Institute is guaranteed to SPARK an interest in applied technology and shock you with relevance and application. You’ll leave with great new ideas for integrating technology into your physical education program.
Make sure to bring your tablet, laptop, and other mobile devices to this Institute!
Note: This is not a SPARK program-specific workshop. You will not be trained in any particular SPARK PE program. If you’re looking for that, please register for one of our SPARK PE Institutes. This PE Technology Institute will focus on new technology and how varying uses, tools, and resources could infuse innovation and excitement into your existing physical education program.
- Two fun and fantastic days with SPARK’s top presenters
- Delicious breakfast, lunch, and refreshments each day
- Complete handout packet and supplementary materials
- Institute t-shirt and great raffle prizes
- Hosted evening social
- Eligible for one unit of credit from San Diego State University
- SPARK Certification Award (upon completion of program)
- Free lifetime follow-up support from SPARK
- Free SPARK monthly e-newsletter
- Free monthly webinar series
- Social media opportunities
- 10% off Sportime equipment* *Discount good for one equipment order placed with SPARK
Space is limited to the first 40 registrants!
$439/person (Early Registration)
$459/person (Regular Registration)
**Register early and save money!**
The Early Registration deadline is May 12, 2017. All registrations postmarked or faxed after April 21, 2017 will be charged full price ($459). Payment must be received with registration.
Registration closes May 26, 2017. Call after this date to see if spots are still available. Space is limited to the first 40 registrants.
Fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page to register. Once you click “Continue,” you will be given further instructions for submitting payment and completing your registration. Or for more information, please contact SPARK at 800-772-7573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dana Hotel
Group rate: $189.00
Deadline to receive group rate: May 25, 2017
Individuals must identify themselves as part of SPARK at the time of making reservations in order to be eligible for the special group rate. Please call (800) 445-3339 or (619) 222-6440 to make reservations.
- Completing both Institute days earns the title “SPARK Certified Instructor,” which is different than a “SPARK Certified Trainer.” A Trainer is licensed to conduct SPARK workshops for colleagues in their school, district or community. If you ARE interested in becoming a SPARK Certified Trainer, contact SPARK for more information.
- To ensure the rights and privacy of our attendees, no photography or videotaping is allowed during SPARK Institute sessions.