Aetna Foundation Regional Grants
Thanks to the Aetna Foundation, Regional Grants are available for select target cities and states to promote healthy food choices and healthy activity. Projects may include school-based or after-school nutrition and fitness programs. Projects should target communities where healthy food can be difficult to buy, and where social and environmental factors may limit people’s ability to be physically active.
SPARK is well aligned with this grant, and can provide the resources you need to promote physical activity and healthy eating!
Nonprofit organizations and educational institutions in the following areas are eligible to apply:
- Arizona (Phoenix)
- California (Los Angeles, San Diego, Fresno, San Francisco)
- Florida (Miami, Tampa)
- Georgia (Atlanta)
- Illinois (Chicago)
- New Jersey
- New York (New York City)
- North Carolina (Charlotte)
- Ohio (Cleveland, Columbus)
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh)
- Tennessee (Nashville, Memphis)
- Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio)
- Washington, D.C. (D.C., Baltimore, Md., Northern Virginia)
- Washington State
Award Amount: Grants range from $25,000 to $40,000 – including up to 15% for indirect costs. Requests should not exceed $40,000.
Project Timeline: Project timelines should not exceed 12 months. Project start dates should be scheduled a minimum of 4 months from the date of submission to accommodate our proposal review process which can take up to 150 days.
Deadline: September 15, 2013
- Click Here to review the Aetna Foundation Regional Grant guidelines and application.
- Contact SPARK at 1-800-SPARK PE or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about SPARK. A Program Consultant will ask you a few questions, learn about your current program, and listen to your vision for implementing a physical activity program in your after school program. Together, we’ll create a program that will WORK and LAST.
- After contacting SPARK for help with your cost proposal, Click Here for helpful grant writing tools and sample text to include SPARK in your grant application.
If you have any questions about SPARK, feel free to contact us at: