Contest Videos: Solutions to Common Problems
Healthy School Makeover Contest entrants: If your video is not displaying properly and you have not fixed the error by the October 31st submission deadline, there might still be ways to fix your submission. See some solutions to common problems below, and if you have any questions you can contact Billy Beltz at email@example.com or 619-293-7990 ext.2247 (please note there may be a delay in reply).
Your video is saying “This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video”.
- First, go into your Youtube account and delete ALL versions of the video.
- Email Billy Beltz at firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that you’ve done this.
- At this point you will not be able to resubmit your video since the deadline has passed, so we’ll need to submit it for you. Email Billy Beltz (email@example.com) your contest entry information (full name, email, school, state, date of birth, and title of video). You’ll also need to send us your Google account information (email and password) so we can submit the video through Youtube on your behalf. This is the only option- if you feel uncomfortable sending your Google account information we understand, however we will not be able to submit your video for you.
- You also need to find a way to get Billy your actual video file. Since the file is probably too large to email, consider using file sharing options such as Dropbox or Yousendit.
- Once Billy receives everything we can manually resubmit your entry. We will try our best to submit the entry within 48 hours of receiving it.
- Once it has been manually submitted you should receive a confirmation email that includes the link to your video page (so you can begin promoting it to get votes).
Your video was uploaded through Facebook and says “Video Unavailable: this video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings”
Please follow these steps to change your privacy settings:
- Go to your personal Facebook Profile
- Click on “Photos”
- Click on “Albums”
- Click on the “Videos” album
- Click on the specific video
- Click “Option” and “Edit this video”
- Then select from the Privacy drop down “Public” and save.
Please note- this will not affect the privacy settings for any other videos or photos in Facebook.