SPARK is a proud member of the School Specialty Family
How the relationship began: SPARK began disseminating evidence-based programs during the 1993-1994 school year, under the umbrella of the San Diego State University Research Foundation. This continued through October 1st, 2002. On that day, the licensure to disseminate SPARK was transferred to School Specialty Inc., a publically traded(NASDAQ) company, and a recognized national leader in the education marketplace.
More about School Specialty — in their own words: School Specialty is forging an exciting era in the educational resources market as a family of brands focused on helping educators help students succeed.
That focus is guided by our promise to:
- Help educators accomplish more by providing them with the most innovative and complete range of educational ideas, services and products available.
- Make it easier and more fun for students of all ages and abilities to learn.
- Be unrelenting in our focus to help enhance education every day, and in every way through every member of our School Specialty family.
What does that mean to educators?
It means educators will find more of what they need—when they need it—from a partner they can rely on to make the most of limited resources—budgets and time. These are just a few of the many initiatives we’re investing in to bring our promise to life:
- We’re working hand-in-hand with educators and curriculum experts to develop new products and services based on real-life use, classroom experiences and outcomes.
- We’re finding new ways to help educators’ budgets go further through a wider range of products and programs.
- We’re making continuous upgrades to our distribution and fulfillment programs to make sure customers have what they need, when they need it.
We will seek to “walk the talk” through our School Specialty Promise, a program that gives each School Specialty associate three days of paid time to volunteer in the classroom of their choice. We’ve found that it helps keep us focused on the needs of those we serve, and it really impacts and enriches our lives and the lives of teachers and students. We also offer a matching grant program for employee donations to educational causes.
We’re proud to be a part of educators’ daily efforts, and appreciate being part of their classrooms.
Click Here to visit the School Specialty website for more information.