25 Day Challenge Details
Teachers rally your students! Start the school year off right by taking part of our SPARK 25-Day Physical Activity Challenge. The most active school will win $25,000 worth of SPARK equipment, curriculum, and training!
Do you have what it takes? Follow the three steps below to register your school and ask your kids to pledge 60 minutes of physical activity per day for 25 days.
The Challenge: Students pledge to achieve at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day, for 25 days
- SPARK will provide pledge forms, tracking forms & certificates. Teachers will be responsible for collecting student forms (SPARK will not collect forms)
- Minutes can be accumulated throughout the day (i.e. 10 minutes before school, 20 minutes during recess, 20 minutes during PE, 10 minutes after school)
- The goal is 60 minutes / day, for at least 5 days per week. But, it’s ok if you miss a day here and there. Need 25 days total by the end of the month.
- Challenge Duration: The challenge runs Monday September 29th – Friday October 31st (25 week days)
- Sign your school up for the Challenge on the SPARK website prior to September 29th using the Sign Up Form
- Recruit your students and have them complete the Student Pledge Form prior to September 29th
- During the Challenge, students should track their daily physical activity using the Tracking Log
- Have your students submit their signed tracking logs to their teacher by November 4th
- Teachers complete the Final Report Form by November 6th
- Grand prize: $25,000 SPARK Program Package (training, equipment, curriculum)
- 2nd & 3rd place prizes: $2,500 SPARK gift certificate (to purchase equipment or curriculum)
- Certificate of participation to all students who participate in the Challenge
- Certificate of completion to all those who finish the Challenge
Three steps of participation:
Step 1: How to sign your school up
(Prior to September 29th):
- Complete the Challenge sign-up form on the SPARK website
- Sign your school up for Let’s Move! Active Schools, and mention that you heard about the program from SPARK. Sign up here: http://www.letsmoveschools.org/
- If your school may already be signed up for Let’s Move! Active Schools, search for your school here to join your school’s team: www.letsmoveschools.org/school-champions
- Recruit your students and have them complete the student pledge form
- Pass out the Challenge Tracking Logs and have the students track their daily physical activity
- Encourage daily physical activity in and out of school – Click Here for physical activity ideas and resources
- Share your experience on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using hashtag #SPARKchallenge. If parents or other teachers are posting on your behalf, ask them to include your school name in the post (in addition to the #SPARKchallenge hashtag) so we can credit those posts to your school.
- After the Challenge ends on October 31, the teacher will be responsible for collecting all of the students logs and completing the Final Report Form on the SPARK website by November 6, 2014.
- How does my school win?
- Teachers collect the signed physical activity tracking logs from students by November 4th (SPARK will not collect tracking logs)
- Teachers complete the Final Report Form on the SPARK website by November 6, 2014
- Winners will be based off of the following criteria:
- Total # of students enrolled in the school
- # of students who participated in the challenge (weighted based on total enrollment)
- # of students who successfully completed the challenge (weighted based on total enrollment)
- Social media engagement (#SPARKchallenge)
- We encourage all schools to record at least one video sharing your experience during the challenge, and stating how you will continue to support 60 minutes of activity a day at your school. Share your video on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using hashtag #SPARKchallenge. You’ll also have the opportunity to include the link to the video on the final report form.
- We’ll give points for schools that are active on social media that includes tweeting, liking, and other social sharing (posting videos, pictures, etc. using hashtag #SPARKchallenge)
- Signed up for Let’s Move! Active Schools
- Mention of the President’s Challenge in the video as a way to continue the challenge
- Dates & Deadlines:
- Registration September 10th – September 28th
- Challenge Duration September 29th – October 31st
- Reporting November 3rd – November 6th
- Announcement of winner(s) Week of November 17th
Step 2: During the Challenge
(September 29th – Friday October 31st ):
Step 3: Submitting physical activity cards & announcing the winner by November 5th, 2014.
Click Here to review the Challenge Terms & Conditions.
Click Here for Challenge FAQs.